Yesterday, I made delicious aloo bhindi fry. Thought of sharing the recipe here
- Okra/Lady finger (250 gm)
- Potatoes (2 pieces)
- Cummin seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- Asafoetida powder (optional)
- Mango powder (amchoor)
- Turmeric, Corriander, Chili powder
- Onions (2-3 pieces)
To make Aloo Bhindi fry:
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker and after 2 whistles, keep it for cooling.
- Remove the skin, slice the potatoes into cubes, and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cummin seeds and later add chopped onions. Add slight asofoetida to the onion. This is optional.
- When the onions become soft, add cut okra (lady finger) and mix well.
- After 3-4 mins, add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder (amchoor), salt and mix well for some time.
- Add the boiled potatoes in the end and mix well.