26th July 2014, 10:15 AM, Prophetic Conference by Dr. Paul Dhinakaran, Day 3
The Holy Spirit operates the gifts of prophecy. The gift of prophecy brings all the gifts into operation.
How does the prophecy come to us?
Amos 3:8 The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord God hath spoken, who can but prophesy?
When the roaring of lion happens within you, you will automatically prophecy.
1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Matthew 19:29-30 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
God’s prophecy brings healing in you. For the Lord, heart is important and that’s what God uses. When the prophecy comes, you will find heat in your heart. Your heart will burn with God’s love. “When I lay hands on certain people, I know God’s power is released. The first thing is that your heart burns. That’s why your heart and God’s heart should be one all the time.” said Dr Paul.
You have to connect with God. You must meditate God’s Word.
6 ways through which prophecy comes:
1. Tongues and Interpretation of Tongues – Acts 19:6 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
When the Tongue comes, it ignites the fire in you. Dr Paul shared an example of how the spacecraft defies the gravity and the rocket propels it into the space.
Our Tongue is like the rocket. It breaks the power of flesh and takes you into the realm of heaven. When the disciples spoke in tongues for the first time, fire came upon the disciples. It lifts your soul into the Presence of God. You can always speak in tongues in your heart. In public places, let your tongues be spoken in heart. Always keep the fire burning in your heart.
2. Prophecy comes through dreams. Jeremiah 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord
3. Through Harps and Music. 1 Chronicles 25:1 Moreover David and the captains of the host separated to the service of the sons of Asaph, and of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, with psalteries, and with cymbals: and the number of the workmen according to their service was:
1 Samuel 10:5-6 After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy: 6 And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.
Worship is the vehicle to prophecy. A new era is coming, through the worship, prophecy will come. When we worship God, He comes and speaks to His people.
Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
4. Prophecy comes through Vision. Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
5. Prophecy comes through an Angel. Daniel 9:22-23 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding. 23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
Acts 27:23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination
Every prayer must come from the Word of God. Never make up a prayer of your own. Ask God, what is Your plan for my life. Let’s listen to God, said Dr Paul.
6. Prophecy comes through suffering. 1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Psalm 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring
Job 16:10-11 They have gaped upon me with their mouth; they have smitten me upon the cheek reproachfully; they have gathered themselves together against me. 11 God hath delivered me to the ungodly, and turned me over into the hands of the wicked.
Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.