Here is a post from my friend, Lejo Mathew, who has shared, how to migrate to Australia. He’s a mechanical engineer by profession. Australia has a wide range of skill set requirement; it’s easy for anyone to migrate, but you must provide extensive documentation.
If your skill set falls in the Skilled Occupation List, you can go without any state sponsorship otherwise if it set falls in the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL), you will need sponsorship from state. At the time of applying, you must check, if the occupation is in the wanted list by any state even if it’s in the CSOL.
Here are the steps to apply for 190 visa:
1. Skill Assessment by a relevant authority:
Arrange the following documents:
- Education documents notarized by lawyer – mark sheets, and certificates (Degree, 12th, 10th)
- Employment Proof: Experience letter, Offer Letter, Bonus Letter, performance letter, Increment Letter, Confirmation Letter, Salary Slips , income tax copies, and work visa copies if any. The following docs are mandatory : Experience Letter in a predefined format along with the responsibilities. If you have only one proof to show, then prepare the statutory declaration.
- Passport copies
Once the docs are ready, send it via Post or email as required.
2. IELTS Test. You can write IELTS before skill assessment or after receiving positive skill assessment, but it has to be ready when Expressing Interest (EOI).
3. After the approval of Skill Assessment & receiving target IELTS score, apply for the Expression of Interest EOI via online.
4. Apply for State Sponsorship. Check if there are states that requires your occupation.
Following documents need to be submitted for State Sponsorship:
- Education Cert – Notarized or attested.(Documents as per Skill Assessment)
- Employment Proof – Notarized or attested.(Documents as per Skill Assessment)
- Income Proof (If required by State)
- Marriage Proof.
- Child & Spouse passport copies.
- Other document procedure as per sponsoring state, such as commitment letter, job Search Letter, research of Living standards)
5. After receiving State Sponsorship approval and an invitation to apply, apply for 190 Visa Application online. The processing time is 2.5 Months.