11th Dec 2016, Sunday, Suntec Convention Center
A brief excerpt of the sermon by Pastor Kong Hee.
If you can find the power of God, you have found the Heaven’s treasure. How do you sustain the Anointing? God wants the anointing to outlive you.
2 Kings 13:21 So it was, as they were burying a man, that suddenly they spied a band of raiders; and they put the man in the tomb of Elisha; and when the man was let down and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived and stood on his feet.
If you cannot maintain the Anointing, you lose it. Some could sustain Anointing for few days, some for few years, but very few could hold the Anointing for the lifetime or even longer.
How do we sustain the Anointing?
1. Wisdom – You got to have wisdom. It takes wisdom to sustain the Anointing. In the Parable of five foolish virgins, they ran out of oil. When you come before God, ask what you must do, how you must live. Only then you will get the divine wisdom.
2. Scriptural Revelation – Hebrews 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come. The Word of God and the Power of God always go together. The more the Word of God becomes a personal revelation to you, the more you sustain the Anointing.
3. Fellowship – Every Anointed Altar in the OT has the fire that is constantly burning. Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”
The ministers of God are supposed to be the flame of fire.
Luke 24:32 And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”
We need fellowship with Anointed friends so that they can ignite the fire in us. Just as fire can be flamed, it can also be extinguished. That’s why the Bible says, do not quench the Holy Spirit. Do not keep company with people who extinguish the fire.
Feed your Faith and starve your doubts – Lester Sumrall
God forbade Adam to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. So avoid reading materials that feed doubts.
4. To sustain the Anointing, the most important thing is Consecration
3 John 2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
If our inner spiritual life has wholeness, then everything external will be fine. Consecration determines manifestation. It’s impossible to sustain Anointing if you live in sin.
Judges 16;20, 21
And she said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” So he awoke from his sleep, and said, “I will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!” But he did not know that the Lord had departed from him.
21 Then the Philistines took him and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza. They bound him with bronze fetters, and he became a grinder in the prison
It’s one thing to be Anointed; it’s another thing to stay Anointed. There is no shortcut. Consecration is paramount. If we don’t live a consecrated life, we can lose Anointing.
We can lose Anointing through 5 ways:
1 Sexual lust
2. Greed – 2 Kings 5:20 But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, “Look, my master has spared Naaman this Syrian, while not receiving from his hands what he brought; but as the Lord lives, I will run after him and take something from him.”
Gehazi saw ministry as a means to enrich his own biz or amass wealth. Don’t let money control your life decisions. Is money limiting your spiritual passion and kingdom priority?
3. Jealousy & Anger – Saul had the propensity to get angry. 1 Samuel 11:6 Then the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard this news, and his anger was greatly aroused.
The more jealous Saul was, the more angry he became, and the more angry he become, the more he became jealous.
1 Samuel 16:14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the Lord troubled him.
1 Samuel 18:10-12 And it happened on the next day that the distressing spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied inside the house. So David played music with his hand, as at other times; but there was a spear in Saul’s hand. 11 And Saul cast the spear, for he said, “I will pin David to the wall!” But David escaped his presence twice. 12 Now Saul was afraid of David, because the Lord was with him, but had departed from Saul.
4. Guilt complexion – people who struggle with guilt complex, eat up their energy.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.
5. Fear 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Choose to live a life free from fear. God doesn’t want you to be afraid. Philippians 1:28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
Only you can determine the degree of consecration. Make a resolution to consecrate yourself. After the sermon, Pastor Kong invited the audience to come forward who were struggling with the hindering spirits.
The Anointing was awesome as the people were set free. Praise God for the wonderful time!