9th November 2012, Friday
Last Friday, we made Palak Paneer (Spinach + Cottage Cheese) and chappatis. I thought of sharing the receipe here.
- Green/Red Spinach (Palak)
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – Kohinoor brand
- Green Chili
- Corriander leaves
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Turmeric powder/Corriander powder/Chili powder
- Fresh Cream
- Cut the spinach and grind it in a mixer. You may add water to make it in a paste form.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry finely chopped onions till it becomes soft.
- Add the corriander powder, turmeric power, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and tomatoes to the onions and fry.
- Add the spinach paste to the above mixture and heat it for about 10 minutes till it tastes well.
- In a separate pan, heat the cottage cheese cubes (paneer) in ghee till it becomes soft.
- Mix the cottage cheese to the spinach mixture and heat it for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- For dressing, add fresh cream and corriander leaves on the top.